This policy has immediate effect and replaces all previous versions.
This policy will be reviewed periodically and amended as necessary.
Janaco International recognizes that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy methods, with regular review points.
We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
Janaco International is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their division to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Efficiency of new products will be taken into marketing and sales plan.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- We will work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.